Monday 30 October 2017

A Quick Update!




Hello! Remember me?!  I'm checking in just to let you know that I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth - nor have I decided to quit blogging about books.   Oh no. The reason you haven't seen me round these parts for a while is that my not-so-trusty laptop decided to up and quit on me! Maybe my laptop has had enough of blogging about books?! 

Now, my laptop has been to the repair shop. Oh yes. The guy there charged me quite a hefty sum and promised me my laptop was once again running perfectly. He promised me. And, I'm not saying he lied, but the truth is, my laptop is not running perfectly. In fact, my laptop is not running at all.  Between you and me, I think I picked a dud repair shop. I'm going back there tomorrow, but I have a feeling that these guys are not going to be able to fix my laptop. I mean, if they could fix it, they would have done so the first time, right?

In Google I trust and Google tells me that I might need a new battery. Either that or the motherboard on my laptop is completely fried. I'm really hoping it's the former. If it's the latter, then it's RIP laptop. Boo!

In the meantime - while I figure out if I can salvage my laptop instead of forking out for a new one - I'm blogging to you from my VERY old and Very slow 10+ years old Toshiba.  I might diss it for being old and slow, but unlike my newer laptop, it has never let me down.  

Problem is, this old laptop is running on Windows XP and so it's not very safe or secure to use. That's why I haven't been around here for a while. Well, that and the fact that this thing takes practically all day to start up. Seriously, it is so super slow. I'm hoping the slow start up is just because it's ancient and not due to the fact that it's riddled with viruses. Yikes!

So, anyway, I just wanted to let you know what has been going on with me. Here's hoping I can get my laptop issues sorted and get back to blogging very soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats